Tuesday, February 26, 2019

RASL, Volume 3: Romance at the Speed of Light


RASL is given a deadline of 48-hours to provide the lizard faced assassin the missing journals of Nikola Tesla or the art thief's loved ones are going to start dying. 

The penultimate chapter of Jeff Smith's RASL gets metaphysical thanks to the scary looking girl on the front cover. Just who is she is up to debate. But man, is she freakin' creepy. (A look at the director's cut extras in the back of the book shows a sketch of RASL that might just blow the lid over the identity of one of the most disturbing moppets in all of comic book history.)

I can't wait to get my hands on the final chapter of this cross-dimensional caper. The story has just kept getting better and better. And I can't believe that I am saying this, but I am more than willing to give Smith's all-ages classic Bone another try. It's quite rare that I give works a third try. But Jeff Smith has really impressed the heck out of me with RASL that I feel it's worth yet another go!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment