Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Sparks! #1 (Free Comic Book Day 2018)


Imagine that the world's most heroic dog is really a robot controlled by two zany house cats! 

That's the hilarious premise to this Graphix Spotlight Free Comic Book Day release from 2018. This comic provides the first chapter of the Scholastic graphic novel from Ian Boothby (Futurama) and Nina Matsumoto (Saturnalia).  

This teaser was extremely funny. Two cats in a dog suit! How crazy is that?! I love what I've read so far of Sparks! It's got a unique premise. Plus the villain is a infant with very unusual parents. And there's an intrepid reporter who is investigating the appearances of the mysterious dog- and she always gets injured!

I've been hoping that my local library would have a copy on hand but it's just hasn't been meant to be. That doesn't mean that I've stopped looking. I'm just very frugal. But if the chance arises to get my hands on this, you can be sure that I'll be reviewing it on this blog as my Family Comic Friday selection for the week I complete it.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment