Saturday, March 2, 2019

Simpsons Comics Explosion #3


96 pages of Simpsons Comics for $9.99 is a bit pricey. Even more so as this has a 2016 cover price.

But as you may well know, I am a huge bargain hunter. The thrift store and the bargain bins are my closest collecting allies. So you know that I was going to jump on this when I found it for only a buck!

There's a handful of stories in this over-sized comic. From the Simpsons tackling a comic-con to a zombie-nado hitting Springfield to a team of super-smart monkeys setting up residence in Bart's tree house, this was a great read! 

My favorite story was called 'Who The Bartman?' It has several characters giving their own view of what they think the mysterious character of the Bartman truly is. It's a parody of a classic Batman story that I think was by Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams. It was awesome!

I wasn't sure if this book was comprised of all-new material or not. That was until I read I recently read a old issue of Futurama Comics. The last page had an ad for an issue of the Simpsons in it. The ad had 2-3 panels which were exactly from this issue's last story involving Smithers getting struck by lightening. So, the Simpsons Comics Explosion books are comprised of reprints. Good to know!

When I am feeling low, Simpsons Comics are a huge pick-me-up and this one didn't disappoint. If you collect the regular Simpsons series, you probably have all these tales already. But if your collection is all pick-and-choose, then this is great addition. For the right price, of course!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment