Saturday, March 9, 2019

Power Man and Iron Fist #73


In the opening half of a two-part crossover, the Heroes for Hire are tasked to investigate the murder of a woman whom ROM the Spaceknight identifies as a Dire Wraith hiding as a human. 

Akira's Jo Duffy pens an exciting first act that features cameos from a bunch of Marvel characters including the Fantastic Four. I don't own this issue. I was fortunate to have a buddy who had a PDF of this issue. I do have the companion issue, ROM #23. 

I have the entire run of ROM. I am looking forward getting to read it one day. But I have a feeling that with the number of crossovers in this series, a lot of the story is going to be missing in the regular series of the characters ROM encounters. Plus, since Marvel doesn't own the rights to ROM anymore, I have a feeling that some sort of complete omnibus of ROM stories from the House of Ideas will never happen.

Featuring an amazing cover by Frank Miller. Greg LaRocque (Moon Knight) does the interiors. He does a great job, but it would have been epic to have the Daredevil artist doing the artwork of the entire story and not just that psychedelic cover!

Lots of fun done in the mighty Marvel way of the 80s. Some of EIC Jim Shooter's best!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment