Saturday, December 19, 2020

Patrick The Wolf Boy Christmas Special One-Shot

Inspired by former child actor Butch Patrick and the kid werewolf character he played on The Munsters, Eddie, Patrick the Wolf Boy is an unusual character that will warm your heart- and tickle your funny bone. Patrick the Wolf Boy was created by the dynamic duo of Art Baltazar and Franco (Tiny Titans). This holiday special is a mix of Calvin and Hobbes, the Tasmanian Devil, and Marvels What If...

Patrick has a number of humorous adventures with his Dad. Patrick is utterly untamed. Yet, Dad seems a tad aloof about it all. I'm not sure of Patrick's origin. So I am not sure if that sense of pride Patrick's pop has when the little werewolf attempts something but fails miserably is legit or wishful thinking. Still, this was a quite funny holiday special.

There's 2 or 3 shorts that examine 'what if' Patrick meet certain holiday characters such as Santa Claus. They're the best in my opinion. But I also thought Patrick's misadventure with a snowblower was hilarious too! But again- is Patrick's dad really proud of his wolf boy's antics or is he massively oblivious to it all?

I guess I will have to find the earlier books about Patrick to find out. 

This book is from 2000. And in my years of reading and collecting comics, the only copy starring Patrick the Wolf Boy I've ever found was during a visit to Chicago. And I would have missed this too if I didn't decide to check out the display window as I was leaving the store!

Might have to go online shopping for this one. But man, I'd much rather enjoy a hunt through some bargain bins. (Come on prospect of a better 2021!)

A very fun read by a pair of some of my favorite all-ages comic creators.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment