Friday, January 21, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #42

A sacrifice makes the Wolverine story start getting decent.

Hank Pym and The Wasp join Iron Man in the attempt to redeem Wonder Man from the influence of The Enchantress. 

Union Jack is joined by the Invaders in a mission to repeal Axis forces during World War II.

But the star of this issue was the 8-pager involving Colleen Wing and Misty Knight: The Daughters of the Dragon. The kung-fu detective pair go undercover at a circus to uncover a murderer. 

I've read a few things starring the Daughters of the Dragon. It was decent stuff. But this story by Jo Duffy was really super. I know that Duffy wrote several issues of Power Man and Iron Fist. But I don't know if she ever wrote about Wing and Knight in that series. Regardless, I do know that Marvel never had Jo Duffy conduct a series starring just the duo. And they really should have!

In just 8 short pages, Duffy created a backstory, an intriguing mystery, 80s action movie level action and added a little bit of sex appeal. I might not have read such a series new as my teenage comic book tastes were rather different. But if it did exist, you could be sure as soon as I finished this issue, I would have been on Amazon or other used comics site and gotten my hands on it ASAP!

A very good issue with a great 8-page Daughters of the Dragon story!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment