Friday, March 4, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #65

Well it wouldn't be Marvel Comics if Wolverine and Ghost Rider didn't meet for the first time and respond by beating the living (and unliving) crap out of each other!

This issue's Fantastic Four chapter focuses on the Invisible Woman who comes face-to-face with the Invisible Girl! This segment definitely makes me wonder 'when did the Invisible Girl become the Invisible Woman?' I can imagine some of my friends and even family members with some very inappropriate answers. But really- when did the change become official? I've read up to about 1975 in the complete run of FF adventures and Sue Storm is still being referred to as girl. I may have to research this.

The one-shot story involves that sibling of Thanos from another mother, or is it father?- Starfox! The idea is that a legend of the blues escaped death and became an even bigger legend on the moon of Titan. It's all thanks to Starfox. But I gotta wonder- why him when there are clearly some bigger names in blues music who preceded him? And why Starfox? I've read a few Avengers issues with Starfox and I've never know him to be a fan of the blues. Maybe I missed something. But this story seems really out in left field.

Once again the Poison story is really odd. And like a car accident, I can't turn away from it. Put it this way- there's a definite moral to be learned from this chapter. If you hire a mob boss to send a hit man to kill the ex-boyfriend and the ex ends up killing the hit man because of latent super human powers, don't expect a refund. Maybe also don't expect to live after you request said refund as well as asking for a do-over.

Another good issue. MCP isn't blowing me away right now. But it's not the worst stuff I've ever read either.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment