Saturday, January 13, 2024

Vision and the Scarlet Witch #10

The holiday theme is scrapped for some high tension drama on the moon with Quicksilver and the Inhumans.

Pietro's wife Crystal has been carrying on an affair with Norman Webster, the realtor who sold Vision and the Scarlet Witch their home. As pollution has made the air on Earth deadly to Inhumans, Crystal has been taking a powerful medicine in order to make her carnal dalliances. But something during this liaison went wrong and Crystal fell into a coma.

Angered by his wife's betrayal, Quicksilver gathers his militia men to enact his revenge against Norman who happens to be in the Inhumans' lunar compound. He was with Crystal when she collapsed and called emergency services. Things go from bad to extremely worse with King Blackbolt banishing Pietro from his kingdom and the mutant speedster running amok on the moon in a huge tantrum!

A child of divorce, I'm on Quicksilver's side. I hate infidelity. I understand Pietro getting pissed. Though I do think it's extreme to use the entire might of the Inhuman military force to kill the guy who is boinking your wife. Those sorts of crimes of passion should be a mano a mano sort of affair. 

I understand that there's not really a March holiday that covers family issues. Being part Irish, maybe it's safe to say that the whole Crystal and Pietro drama is suited for St. Patty's Day. It's definitely a stereotype that I wouldn't make if I wasn't a partial descendant of the Emerald Isle or if it just wasn't true. Lord knows my family, both the European and Native American sides were pieces of work on par with the domestic squabbles in this book.

I know that I'm making light of things. But the subject matter really hit home. I hope Pietro and Crystal can work things out. But further research on the Marvel Wiki reveals that won't be the case. And there's a child involved. Fiction comic book or not, divorce is not an easy subject for me.

Rating: 5 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment