Monday, May 12, 2014

Where am I? Being Transferred...

No, I'm not being transferred from my job or anything like that. As you may know, 'Madman with a Book' is not my first attempt at an online reading journal. For about 6 years I've been using another site. For about 5 and a half years, I was very happy with the site. Then the logging in problems started.


It seemed like every week the site was down for maintance and I'd get incressingly worried that I would lose all my years of reviews. I depended on that site to help me keep track of what I'd read. When you've read over 2,600 books (yes mostly comics) it's hard to keep track over what you've read and what you haven't.


Anyways, 3 days ago I got a notice saying that the site would being shutting down on May 31st. At that time, I still had about 1,500 reviews that I had yet to transfer over to MMWAB. So, I've been spending most of my online time transferring my reviews to a Word document in order to transfer over to this site.


It takes a lot of time to post old reviews while keeping up with the latest things I have read. I try to add about 25 old reviews a week. But until I can get the last few hundred of them saved into a Word file, I'm going to have to forgo time on Blogger. I'm hope to be back in business by the end of the week.


I apologize for the delay and hope you will continue to enjoy the rantings of a madman with a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment