Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Tick, Free Comic Book 2013 Edition


Issue

 

I normally don’t buy Free Comic Book Edition comics unless I find them in a bargain bin. My idea is if you can’t get the free comic when it was available then tough. But, I made an exception with this one. Actually, I didn’t even know that this existed until about 4 months ago when I got a flyer from my all-time favorite comic book by-mail seller, Mile High Comics. The flyer listed all of the 2013 FCBD issues that were still for sale. At $2.99 or higher, I wasn’t about to shell out my hard earned cash for something I couldn’t get for free just a few months earlier.

 

Again, I figured I’d have to way to find them in a dollar box. Then I saw the 2013 FCBD Tick. I just had to have it. Thankfully, Mile High was having a massive 60% sale (fans who subscribe to their newsletter get in on some sweet sales.) So, my $3.99 Tick ended up costing about a $1.70. I could live with that!

 

In this Free Comic Book Day offering, the Tick, Arthur, and some of their superhero buddies spend a day at the beach. The Tick looks for sea shells. Bumbling Bee and the rest of the friends of Tick and Arthur get their drink freak on. And Arthur gets a major case of sunburn. As the night approaches, the super heroes decide to go on a trolley tour of the City, when a strike force of underwater creatures that look a lot like hermit crabs invade! So much for a night out on the town!

 

This issue was super funny. I laughed out loud several times. I thought it was very smartly written and totally insane (mostly Tick) at the same time. Even better, this issue was in full color!

 

I am on the prowl for Tick comics and they are such a rare treat. Now that New England Comics has issued 3 FCBD Tick Comics in the past 4 years, I now am on the annual hunt for the newest Tick freebie adventure. If you can’t find this in a bargain bin, do yourself a favorite, subscribe to the Mile High Comics newsletter, look for details in the super duper cod word sale and get this issue (on a steep discount.) You’ll be very glad you did.

 

Worth Consuming.

 

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment