Friday, May 9, 2014

DC Comics Presents Teen Titans 100-page Spectacular One-shot



 

Here’s one thing I have learned about the 100-page Spectaculars of DC’s, they’re reprints. So, despite this fact that I find these guys in bargain bins, the chances are that there’s something in these treasuries that I’ve read. That’s the case here as I’ve already read (and probably reviewed) the main attraction of this book: the Teen Titans Lost Annual.

 

Since I’ve already reviewed it, I won’t mince words again. But, if you want to read my review of the Lost Annual CLICK HERE.

 

The rest of this comic was devoted the epic DC works of Mike and Laura Allred (who crafted the Lost Annual) - perhaps my favorite pencils and inking duo in all of comicdom. Along the way, we get a visit from Bizarro, watch Hourman make the most out of an hour’s worth of Miraclo, see how the boys from New Genesis unwind, and catch an “unaired” episode of the 1960s Batman TV show. Rounding out the back-up features in a no holds barred house party held by the Teen Titans in Bruce Wayne’s bachelor pad. This romp is a Who’s Who of 60s super hero teams and teens, including the Doom Patrol,  the Legion of Super-heroes, as well as Supergirl and Batgirl. It’s hilarious and a little inappropriate- I LOVE IT!!!

 

I love the Allreds. Their style is retro (and colorful and ultra-clean) and they’ve got such an affinity for nostalgia. Plus, Michael is extremely witty and has a wicked sense of humor. These guys make this book worth reading and hopefully, one day, I’ll get to meet them at a Con.

 

Worth Consuming.

 

Rating: 9 out 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment