Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Iron Man, volume 3: The Secret Origin of Tony Stark- Book 2 (Marvel NOW!)



 

The conclusion to the Secret Origin of Tony Stark changes everything you know about Iron Man and I love it! More secrets about the deal that Tony’s parents made with 451 are reveal. Not only that, Tony ends his vacation in outer space and a major supporting character reveals some forthcoming nuptial plans.

 

While some of pacing of the middle of this volume began to progress at a snail’s pace, I was very happy with this book. The art is incredible and the action is top notch (when it does occur.) There’s some great mind-bending physics involved with Stark attempting to escape a temporal black hole and I just love how everything you thought you knew about Tony Stark gets thrown out the window. I cannot wait to read what Tony does with the new information he has about his family history and I hope my local library picks up that volume as soon as it’s available for release.

 

Lastly, I didn’t mention this about the last volume, but I thought that the covers were awesome. There are a variety of variant covers of the “Baby Iron Man” cover and I love the color scheme and creativity of covers such as the “Family Iron Man” cover as seen on the cover (and this review.)

 

I usually give Marvel grief for their retooling of their characters. This time, I will admit, I was in the presence of greatness. The creative team behind Iron Man has done an exceptional job with Iron Man and have crafted him into a franchise player in the Marvel NOW! universe.

 

Worth Consuming.

 

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment