Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Avengers: Volume 3: Prelude to Infinity (Marvel NOW!)


Avengers (2012-Present) #HC Vol 3

 

Continuing from the “Last White Event” storyline, the earth is in great peril thanks to several biological attacks from some extraterrestrial foe. The possibly right but more than likely crazy Captain Universe sees the end of the world unless the Avengers line-up gets bigger. In the beginning of the membership drive to end all membership drives, expect heroes, villains, and the occasional wild card to be offered a chance to become an Avenger.

 

I waited a little too long to read this follow-up to the Last White Event. There were a few plotlines that I had forgotten. So, this was a tougher read for me. Thankfully, I have the sequel, Avengers: Infinity, on hand so I should be in decent shape. Believe me, the mystery behind this threat to the earth is so vast and complex, binge reading of the first four volumes of the Marvel NOW! Avengers is required and essential.

 

The art was fantastic. I really liked the cover gallery. Fantastic kudos to artists Mike DeDato, Stefano Caselli, and Leinil Francis Yu.  The art in this entire volume is noteworthy.

 

Worth Consuming.

 

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment