Saturday, February 7, 2015

ANNIHILATION: HERALDS OF GALACTUS #1-2 (Annihilation Week)

Cover to Issue #2


 This two-part series focuses on the aftermath of Annihilation in terms of some of the surviving heralds of Galactus that survived: Firelord, Stardust, Terrax, and the Silver Surfer. Okay- I had thought that Terrax died during the Annihilation Wave at the hands of Gamora. But it appears that you can survive a beheading.

    The best story involved Firelord, who enacts his cosmic brand of justice on the allies of Annihilus who survived it's atrocities and managed to sue for peace. Peace treaties be damned. In the eyes of Firelord, once a force of evil, always a force of evil and justice will be served flaming hot.

   I actually thought that this could have been a great ongoing series. From my research this never really happened but if it had, I would've been adding it to my wish list. Missed opportunities once again from Marvel.

   This Silver Surfer tale ends with a 'To Be Continued..." and I was about to be really angry. I mean doesn't omnibus mean that it contains everything involved with the subject at hand? In this case, that would be Annihilation. However, there is a sequel called Annihilation: Conquest that picks up with the galaxy trying to rebuild after the onslaught from the Negative Zone. So, the next thing I need to read would be the Conquest Omnibus right? Wrong!

Up Next: Annihilation: Nova Corps Files

Worth Consuming

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment