Sunday, February 1, 2015

Welcome to Annihilation Week...




 A couple of weeks ago I found a copy of the Annihilation Omnibus at my local library. It was a massive 500-page plus volume that weighs a good 5lbs. It's huge! But I've been wanting to read this series for quite a while and I jumped at the chance to read it for free (SRP is $125.00!)
 
   But with this massive book I didn't think it was fair to rate the book as a whole. There are at least 7 different one-shots or mini-series that comprise this series. While Keith Giffen writes most of the books, he's not the author of all of these books. Also, there is a host of artists, inkers, and colorists involved in the visuals of this cross-over event. So, I've decided to break this book down and review it in chapters over this week.

  One thing I did quite differently was that instead of reviewing each issue individually, I'm reviewing by title. So if the series is just one issue, four, or seven, I'm grouping things together. It's not exactly a new thing. If I read a collection, I review the book as a whole. But like I said, I think it doesn't do this series justice to give it just one single judgment.

So with that... let Annihilation Week begin.















No comments:

Post a Comment