Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hawkeye, Volume 4: Rio Bravo (Marvel NOW!)



    Clint Barton's war with the Track Suit Bros comes to a head with the addition of Clint's brother Barney (AKA Trickshot) and a clown-faced assassin cum real estate lawyer. But the biggest shocker in a story line about things coming to an end is the epic run of writer Matt Fraction and artist David Aja. 

   Together Fraction and Aja reenergized the character of Hawkeye into a grittier more human character instead of a purple costumed buffoon. I hate to see them go. I am quite afraid that without Fraction this series is going to lose its heart. And without Aja, all of the unique art techniques and creative framing will be no more. 

   My wait will not be long. Along with this volume, I was able to get my hands on volume 5. I'm eagerly anticipating Jeff Lemire's run on Hawkeye as I really have enjoyed what he did with Justice League United. But replacing Fraction is with anyone, no matter how talented, is like substituting Jim Morrison for John Lennon. He's great but the Lizard King just wouldn't work as the lead man for the Fab Four. 

  Matt Fraction = unreplaceable!

  Worth Consuming

  Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment