Sunday, December 18, 2016

Countdown to New Who: Advent 2016: Day 18


   David Tennant, the Tenth Doctor, is arguably the best modern version of the Doctor (my wife would argue for Tennant's replacement, Matt Smith, which is her Doctor.) Tennant's version is also said to surpass that of Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, whose classic series portrayal has often been the benchmark to which all previous Doctor's aspire to achieve.
    My Doctor has always been Peter Davison: the Fifth Doctor. I starting watching Doctor Who at age 3 or 4 right as Tom Baker left. The first episodes I watched were the multi-parters of Logopolis, which said goodbye to Baker and hello to Davison.  I ended up watching his entire run. So, for me, Peter Davison is my first Doctor, though I was briefly exposed to Tom Baker for a couple of days. At that time, PBS would sow 2 episodes back-to-back and by Day 2, Peter Davison had regenerated into the role...
    Anyways, Tennant is very similar to the Davison Doctor. It was the actor's favorite Doctor when he was young. Plus, Tennant ended up marrying Davison's daughter- who played the daughter of Tennant's Doctor in series 4. 
   I wonder how confused they all are during the holidays...

    So, my gift for today's Advent is a double dose of the Doctor. It's a mini-episode called Time Crash in which Tennant's Doctor meets Davison's Doctor for a 2007 BBC Children in Need special.  Then, scroll down for another treat, a rarely seen Christmas commercial starring the Tenth Doctor.

  

Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment