Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Countdown to New Who: Advent 2016: Day 21


    I wish Doctor Who toys were available when I was a kid. There were Doctor Who toys but for the most part, they were only available in the UK. But if they had American Doctor Who toys, I would've wanted them. 

   As a kid who grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, the ultimate sign that Christmas was near was the Sears Christmas Wish book. Every year around September or October, this massive book of clothes, decorations, and of course toys would arrive in the mail. I would devour every page (Even the ultra dull women's clothes and housewares sections),  just so I was building up anticipation until I got to the toys. It was so cool.
    For my Advent present for you today, I decided to go retro. Below are links to what a Sears Christmas Wish Book would look like in 1990, 1983, and the year this Madman was born- 1977!
    Who says that my Advent gifts have to be all Who? 
   
    Enjoy...

The 1990 Christmas Wish Book

The 1983 Christmas Wish Book

The 1977 Christmas Wish Book

No comments:

Post a Comment