Monday, December 19, 2016

The Trencher X-Mas Bites 1994 Holiday Blow-Out #1

  Gideon Trencher- Zombie repo-man. His mission, to kill those souls that were erroneously reincarnated. With the help of his dispatcher, Phoebe, it doesn't matter if you are a good soul or bad. If you are on Trencher's list, you're as good as dead.
    The creation of Justice League legend and Ambush Bug creator, Keith Giffen, I was excited when I found this holiday special in a bargain bin. You can tell that this is a Giffen project. The art is gritty, the humor is dark and somewhat absurd. But it's also kinda gross.
    In this 1994 holiday special, Trencher is on the hunt for a Proctologist whose also a serial killer. See, after the doctor performed a rectal surgery on a superhero, result in radioactive far-...
    I'm sorry, I can't go any further. It's really that disgusting.
    I tend to keep my holiday comics, even if it's just the biggest load of manure I've ever laid my eyes on. This holiday special might very well break that rule.
   Part one in which Trencher himself, while pretty crude, was enjoyable when he targets one of Santa's helper. The back-up features including pin-ups of Trencher characters, a short story starring Mr. Monster, and some other one-pager gags were pretty funny. But the potty humor of Part two includes quite a bit of beans jokes and noxious gases was beyond the pale for me.
    Really, a big disappointment for a book that I at first thought would be pretty dope. Instead, it's just dopey. At least I only spent 50 cents on it...

   Not Worth Consuming

   Rating: 2 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment