Monday, December 26, 2016

Some Words of Wisdom About Books...

  Christmas is a time when I catch up on reading. Well over the weekend, I saw a couple of mantras that I just needed to share.

   The first is a fortune I got yesterday at Christmas brunch with my wife and brother-in-law:


   Then I saw this one at the Triangle Christmas Tree Challenge at the American Tobacco Campus in Durham, NC. I think it's perfect! See, my wife and I run a reading program at her clinic for the children who come to visit with their parents and guardians. The clinic is for lower income families and often a wait in a doctor's office for a child can be torture. Especially if the visit isn't for you. So my wife and I spend our own time and money getting books and comics for kids to read and take home.
 


    When you donate to charities such as Book Harvest, from which I got the above motto, you also get awesome thank yous such as the one below:

 
    What more can I say? Reading is so important to our everyday lives. May you be enriched by it's wisdom and by possibly sharing the joys of it with others.





                                                                                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment