Sunday, December 18, 2016

DC Rebirth Holiday Special #1

    Harley Quinn is your host in the super hero holiday spectacular to end all holiday spectaculars. Batman Adventures legend Paul Dini (who also created the character of Harley Quinn) pens the framing segments before a host of holiday themed stories starring Superman and son Jon, Batman and son Damian, Wonder Woman, John Constantine, the Titans, members of the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman, and many, many more...
    At $9.99, this special is a bit pricey. But it is a 96-pager and there were several stories that I loved so much, I had to read it over. The Batman/ Superman story and the Batman/ Detective Chimp story were the best. But the Paul Dini penned vignettes were the highlight. Nobody does Harley Quinn better- nobody! This book just dropped last Wednesday, but it's getting such rave reviews, I don't think it's going to be on store shelves for long! So act fast!!!
   Featuring a slew of DC talent including Cullen Bunn, Steve Orlando, Dustin Nguyen, and Gustavo Duarte, this was the best DC Special I think I've ever read. And I'm not just saying this because of how excited I am to see DC returning to making holiday specials (it's been 6 years since DC published the last one! Curse you, New 52!) 
    Rebirth has been a great thing for DC Comics and this holiday special was just another great example of how DC is the real mover and shaker of the Big Two! I look forward to 2017 and the next volume!
       
    Worth Consuming

    Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment