Monday, January 29, 2018

Astro City, Volume 15: Ordinary Heroes


I really don't think it is possible for the creative team behind Astro City to come up with a bad story. Astro City, Volume 15: Ordinary Heroes is another fantastic collection of Vertigo Comics by Kurt Busiek, Brent Anderson, and Alex Ross. 

This collection answers some of Astro City's must pressing questions such as just really how did the original Jack-In-The-Box die? But the question that I have been waiting a near eternity for is who is the Hanged Man? 

I was ultra excited for that issue and the City Councilmen of Astro City did not disappoint!

As Astro City neared in's 25th anniversary, several guests artists were brought in to help with the festivities. But honestly, I couldn't tell you who they were or really how they contributed because I couldn't discern any slip in the level of quality here.

There were a couple of other stories added here such as one starring a cat named Kittyhawk. The new pet of one of Astro City's countless superheroes, there's more than meets the eye with this precocious feline. Another great story. 

I love Astro City. It's one of my all-time favorite titles. When I find a new volume, I know that I am in for a treat as this city has been carefully placed in the hands of three masters.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment