Wednesday, January 31, 2018

GCD, Volume 1: God Save The King


This 2012 indy comic collection by 215 ink was an interesting look at the garage rock scene. When the so-called King of Rock n' Roll is killed, his record label holds a contest to crown his successor. To become the next in rock royalty, musicians must compete in regional qualifiers first.

It's young Dylan's goal to get to the nearest arena for his chance. Along the way, he meets a fellow free spirit named Flip. However, that's not going to be easy as Dylan has pissed off some bad dudes and they've made it their mission to become the next in line for the rock crown!

I really enjoyed this book by Adam Wilson. Very well written, quite creative, and essentially captivating, I wanted to know what happens next. Unfortunately, I don't think I ever will. I've done several Google searches on how to find the next volume and I can't find anything. Typing 'GCD' takes me to a comic book grading site and with '215 ink' I keep getting links for ink cartridges. 

Even the cool scanning stamp included in the book that allows you to listen to a suggested soundtrack on Spotify no longer works.

Will Dylan and Flip make it past round 1? Who will become the next King of Rock n' Roll? Will I ever find volume 2? These are all questions that may remain forever unanswered. 

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment