Thursday, April 9, 2015

Star Wars/Serenity/Alabaster Free Comic Book Day 2012 Flipbook



WORTH CONSUMING!
It’s Whedon-o-rama in this issue as brothers Zack and Joss Whedon provide a double dose of entertainment in this Free Comic Book Day offering from 2012. First, the Whedons take on the Star Wars universe with a story featuring Han and Chewies during their pre-Yavin smuggling days. The story’s not bad and it has some really funny moments of banter between the pilot and co-pilot of the Millenium Falcon. However, it’s not familiar Whedon territory and it shows at times. But the art is very well done and it captures Ford’s likeness well.
Then the brothers tackle the crew of Serenity as they make a routine delivery. Now, I am not very familiar with this series and so I can’t really judge if it was great or not. I liked what I read, but a serious Firefly fan would know better than me if this was quality or not.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment