Thursday, April 16, 2015

Avengers (by Brian Michael Bendis), Volume 3


Avengers (2010-2012) #TP Vol 3
From the pages of New Avengers, the Captain Steve Rogers lead Avengers have reassembled with a new lineup in hopes of taking Norman Osborn and HAMMER down. But with public opinion of superheroes at an all-time low, will earth's mightiest heroes continue to serve the public good? Of, course they will but with a snake in the grass like Osborne, there's no limit to how low he'll stoop and how much collateral damage will be heaped upon this new team.

   I had spent so much time focusing on finishing Bendis' amazing run on New Avengers that it's been a while since I returned to his Avengers title run. I love Bendis and he can craft the hell out of anything. So, my initial lapse of memory of the previous storyline is all my fault- not his.

   The art by Daniel Acuna is phenomenal and I am convinced that I don't read (or view) enough of his work. He's got a great color palette up his sleeve and his expressions of characters are vivid and unique. It's not like looking at a Kirby piece (while still amazing) has all of the characters bearing the same face.

   This volume is full of adventure and excitement- not to mention a few jaw-dropping surprises.

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment