Friday, April 24, 2015

Voltron Force: Shelter From The Storm, FCBD 2012 Edition (Family Comic Friday)


Voltron Force: Shelter From the Storm - Free Comic Book Day 2012 #One-Shot

  There's only one week left until Free Comic Book Day 2015, folks. Next week, I'll be previewing some of the books that will be available. But until then, let's check out a classic from 2012: 
I’ll admit I wasn’t the biggest Voltron fan. While I had the interlocking set of lion robots and their drivers as a kid, I really couldn’t get into the cartoon.

With this Free Comic Book Day issue of an all-new Voltron, I thought I’d be able to glide right in and it’d be all-systems-go. But with a new band of lion pilots, a set of villains that are vaguely familiar, and a story that takes place at least 5-7 years after the original series was set, I was lost. So this would be a great starter for new fans.

The art was good. However, it’s just still a little too Manga for my tastes. Plus, the plot reminded me of Ender’s Game, which is weird because I’ve never read Ender’s Game.

While I enjoyed this title, it didn’t light a fire in me to rush out and buy the complete series. They have the graphic novels of which this comic is based at my local library and that may be the extent to which I am willing to spend any time or money in exploring more of this new take on a classic 80s icon.


Worth Consuming.
Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment