Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Tick's Big Tax Time Terror


     
  The Tick comes into a giant windfall due to a tax loophole. Meanwhile, Barry, the evil Tick, discovers that someone has been stealing his credit card. Donning the forbidden identity of the Louse, Barry seeks revenge on those who have stolen his identity. Back in the City, Tick's teammates have been making some big purchases on a certain online auction site which may account for Barry's lost funds.  It looks like some of Tick's allies are in for a massive beat down...

    Another very funny one-shot special. I laughed the most at this one as there were some very clever easter eggs and some very amusing banter. But I felt the most lost with this book as well. In this issue, there is a doppelganger Tick and Arthur team called Flea and Doyle that I've never run across. (Is there a third team with a sidekick named Conan? Sherlock fans should get the reference.) Also, the events from which the Tick received his tax check are an undiscovered country to me as well. So I am sure some inside jokes went right on pass me!

   The next book in the miniseries is the Father's Day Special. It is a book that I currently do not own. But like the books that cover all that unknown information I just griped about, I have a feeling I will not be without these issues for long.

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment