Monday, May 2, 2016

Uncanny Origins #13

Uncanny Origins (1996-1997) #13
Daredevil is one of those characters that I didn't like at first. But after reading Mark Waid’s epic run on the Man Without Fear over the past couple of years, I've become a big fan. Why if I had Netflix, I'd be all over that show. And I must admit, I loved the Affleck Daredevil picture, though my admiration had more to do with the eye candy that is Jennifer Garner’s Electra more than anything else…

  This issue of Uncanny Origins uncovers the origin of Daredevil. Though to be honest, this is more Matt Murdock's story than a legend of the Hero of Hell's Kitchen. But that's more than OK with me. Bob Budiansky (Sleepwalker) does an excellent job crafting a tale that gives living props to Stan Lee and company. And the artwork by M.C. Wyman, a former artist on Daredevil was a great choice. He rendered all of those great Silver Age characters that comprised Matt's normal life: Battlin’ Jack Murdock, Foggy Nelson, and Karen Page.

   Oh, how I miss Karen Page. Such a sad story but man was she a ray of sunshine in the oft too tragic life of Daredevil.

   If you only could choose one issue of this series to read, I would recommend this one! It's that good and it's got that spirit of the original Marvel bullpen that's been missing for way too long.

 Worth Consuming.

 Rating: 10 out of 10 stars. Who am I kidding? This one goes to 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment