Monday, November 19, 2018

What If? Magik Became Sorcerer Supreme #1


This is an interesting take on what could have happened to Colossus's sister Illyana after her time-warping time in limbo. Instead of staying with the X-Men, Magik goes off on her own to find herself. With untamed dark powers, everywhere Illyana goes is filled with supernatural dangers. This captures the attention of the Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange.


So what if Stephen Strange decided to train Illyana Rasputin to be his successor?


This was another What If that I would love to see explored further. The premise is very intriguing. Having
Colossus enter the picture as a sort of devil's advocate against his sister's training would
have made for a dramatic story. Plus, I really like the character of Doctor Strange. It's just he
gets a little too dark for my tastes sometimes.


I absolutely love the cover by Jeff Dekal. It's my favorite of the 2018 one-shots. Quite
stunning and really cool looking.


The interior art was a different story. Felipe Andrade's stuff here looks like scribbles. Marvel
has been criticized lately for some really poor artwork in their books. I've tried to be fair
about it. But this time, I'd have to agree.


The last What If? One-shot of the 2018 bunch was the best- in terms of story. The art was a mess at best. But
it wasn't enough to prevent me from wanting more.


Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment