Sunday, November 6, 2022

Elvira Meets Vincent Price #2

I generally say that the second issue gets even better if it's a series which has a debut I was blown away with. I can't say that this time. I can't say that it got worse either. 

Things in this issue pretty much maintain the status quo. After a close encounter with the flunky of an Eygptian deity, Vincent Price and Elvira continue their search for the sole surviving print of 'Rise of the Ram'. Up next- a jaunt to merry ole' England. Here, the horror hostess and her deceased partner hope that the director and the film main starlet might have an idea where the film may be. 

I will have to say that pairing Elvira with the legendary Vincent Price was a stroke of genius. I never in 45 years of life and collecting comic books have thought to pair the two together. And yet they're gold! Elvira is smitten with her horror movie idol and Vincent is a complete and total gentleman.

A very good chapter with a hint of mystery and a dash of Egyptian magic. I just wish that the main theme of the comic was about Egyptian deities and instead a tale about the Norse or Greek or even Roman. When it came to reading mythology, the Egyptians just never were my thing; despite how awesome mummies and pyramids are. 

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment