Saturday, November 12, 2022

The Legion: Foundations

I'm not sure why I'm not more of a fan of the Legion of Superheroes. Just about everything I read starring them is top notch stuff. And yet, I will overlook their adventures in lieu of a What If... or an Elseworlds book every time. If I wasn't given this book as a gift, I probably wouldn't have picked it up in a million years. 

This trade collects 6 issues from the 2001-04 DC series. In this book, Superboy returns to the ranks of the Legion. But it's not the Clark Kent Superboy but rather the Conner Kent version. Or is it. 

A strange anomaly that threatens all of reality gives birth to Conner. Even in the year 3003, Darkseid remains. The pure evil ruler of Apokolips has plans on unleashing his Anti-Life Equation on the universe and a time-displaced Superboy is at the center of Darkseid's plan. However, with no less than 2 other members of the Legion having recently betrayed the team, folks have their doubts that this Superboy is legit. But deep down in my heart, I know. This is the real deal... I think.

This volume also includes the main story taken from Legion Secret Files 3003. It's a great introduction to all the members of the Legion. It needed to have been added first to this volume. But that would have spoiled the inclusion of Superboy to the Legion's ranks. Though I don't think it's much of a spoiler as Superboy is right there on the corner- FRONT and mostly CENTER!

This was a great read. Lots of mystery, action and intrigue. I really wouldn't have any qualms reading the 24 issues that take place before this collection as well as the 7 or so issues that precede. But knowing me, I'll probably pass them over for something else on my wish list. I just have other preferred tastes even though this was a wonderful read.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment