Sunday, November 26, 2023

Silent Night, Deadly Night #3

The police force of tiny Eggnog, Utah are on alert. Anybody in a Santa suit doing the slightest thing illegal are getting round up. It's spreading security forces pretty thin which makes this issue's major massacre a cake walk for Billy Chapman, who returns to Ira's Toys some 40 years after his murderous spree of Christmas Eve, 1984. The new owner is throwing a bash for all the store Santas in town, as well as the helpers and Billy has come dressed in his holiday reds and bearing gifts... of death! 

The first about 10 pages seemed like a return to the slasher holiday classic and then Billy's rage triples and heads begin exploding, blood gushes and heads rollAs much as the level of violence went off the rails, it was still a good story. Plus the artwork has vastly improved. and yes, it's the same artist from the past 2 issues! I have a theory behind why Billy's eyes have turned jet black. I'll be interested to know if I am right. 

I was right about who the copycat Santa Killer was. I wasn't 100% certain as I can't seem to account for all the murders to the person who committed them. Thus, while I had my assumptions, I wasn't 100% certain. But I count it as a win that I guessed the secondary killer correctly.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment