Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Scooby-Doo Team-Up #21

   It's Christmas Eve and the Mystery Gang are called in to a department store that's being haunted by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. The detectives are on the case and so is Harley Quinn! The mad jester has decided to turn a new leaf join the team. But armed with her giant mallet nobody is safe- including her boyfriend! That's right, the Clown Prince of Crime is on scene and he's demanding that Harls return the Christmas present he got for her PRONTO!
    Really bad move...
    I love Scooby-Doo Team-Up! I love Harley Quinn! And I love Christmas comics! This book covered all three criteria. So why in the world did DC wait until the Wednesday AFTER Christmas to issue this book! Marvel and other publishers are guilty of this too! I understand if for some reason there's a shipping delay or problem with printing. But it's getting to become more of a habit to schedule holiday related books AFTER the holiday is over! This is a trend that's gotta stop.
     I thought this issue was great. But it also surprised me. The last time Harley Quinn guest-starred in the pages of Scooby-Doo Team-Up (issue #12), the internet blew up with people selling the book for upwards of a $100 or so. Stores sold out within hours of putting it on shelves. There was even a second printing. Yet this issue seems to have skimmed in under the RADAR. 
    (Did comic book stores order too many of this issue?)
    Honestly, I thought this issue was 10 times better than SCTU #12. If you love Harley or holiday comics, you really should pick this one up. It's a very fun read and if I could, I'd rate it an 11 or 12. I think it's going to become a forgotten comic that in years to come will prove to be highly collectible.

   Worth Consuming
    
   Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment