Sunday, September 30, 2018

Despicable Deadpool, Volume 2: Bucket List


I really don't like this angrier, grittier Deadpool. Yeah, he made the big mistake of following the Nazi Steve Rogers. But, he sorta was a double agent. He never really sold out any of the mutants Rogers was trying to exterminate. Plus, Wade was trying to protect his little girl who was half-mutant.

The Merc with a Mouth is mad. He wants revenge! I get it! But I prefer the more light-hearted, goofier Deadpool. When I read Deadpool, I want a laugh or two. I don't expect Punisher's War Journal.

There's some great moments. And I get an occasional chuckle. Thankfully, Gerry Duggan is still writing Deadpool. Otherwise, I think this EMO Wade Wilson would be completely unreadable.

The artwork by Mateo Lolli is also very well done. It's another plus to an otherwise not enjoyable series from the House of Ideas.

When Marvel announced that Deadpool was going bad again, I had my reservations. Turns out, I am completely justified. This just isn't my favorite version of Deadpool.

Rating: 5 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment