Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #156

I got my wish. Michael Badilino and Rebecca Taylor are kinda a thing now. Plus, Badilino has now become part of a supernatural meta-human task force on the NYPD, along with Taylor. Rebecca is pretty sure that Badilino is the Spirit of Vengeance known as Vengeance. But on this first assignment, she's still not quite sure. I hope that writer Chris Cooper (Incredible Hulk) just does away with it all and lets Rebecca Taylor in on the secret identity.

I also got my answer. Last issue, I wondered if the rest of the New Warriors were going to show up in the further chapters of the Kymaera-centric tale. Well, they don't. So I hated that it's listed that the New Warriors appear in this issue. 

The story itself is a bit of a mess with a mad-scientist hoping to take genes from Kymaera and become the new Eve to a race of aquatic supermen.

Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung-Fu, returns in this issue for a 3-parter. He's taking on a bloodthirsty killer called the Midnight Slasher and it's a rather forgettable episode.

Lastly, for our one-shot story, the World War II super solider variant known as Destroyer is the star. Again, I just don't remember much about this segment except for the bombshell cameo made by the Invader member Spitfire. 

As I've mentioned several times before, I've read these issues several months ago and I am slowly catching up on my reviews. I'm sorry folks. But I just barely remember anything about half of these segments. I guess that just doesn't make for such a great issue if you ask me...

Not Worth Consuming!

Rating: 3 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment