Thursday, September 8, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #157

First up is Nick Fury. He's one of my favorite comic book characters of all time. But I don't list him as a superhero. Is he a superhero? Do I need to rethink this? Anyways, Fury takes on Hydra in a one-and-done story set in Greece. Action packed. But can anybody tell me why Wolverine gets featured in over 100 issues but when it comes to the ultimate agent of SHIELD, they editors at Marvel can barely give him the time of day???

With Vengeance, things just keep getting better and better. There's a new Spirit of Vengeance; a woman named Phantome. And man is she nuts! 

I still can't recall anything about that Master of Kung-Fu story. It doesn't help that the Marvel Wiki has only a photo of the main villain for his page. Since the character known as Lazarus: The Midnight Slasher only appears in this multi-parter, I guess they're not worthy of a record history.

Lastly, the New Warriors story continues to be devoid of New Warriors. Only Kymaera, the Atlantean formerly known as Namorita, appears in this story. It's not a bad story. Just the false advertising on the cover irks me to no end. 

A better offering than that of last issue. I mostly don't like the editing choices made in this issue and I still can't recall what happened in one of the segments. 

Rating: 5 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment