Friday, April 8, 2022

Aw Yeah Comics! Vol. 3: Make Way for Awesome (Family Comic Friday)

Today I am reviewing a book that I probably would have shared sooner but the pandemic closed out my local library for a very long time. Literally, I went like 2 full years without complete access to tons of great all ages books thanks to the lockdown. Even though this book is 6 years old, I am very behind. So bear with me if this is a book your family has already enjoyed.

Aw Yeah Comics! Vol. 3: Make Way for Awesome continues the awesome adventures of Action Cat, Adventure bug, Awesome Bear and their crime fighting pals! The creation of Family Comic Favorites Art Baltazar and Franco, the majority of the stories in this collection is produced by collaborative friends of the Aw Yeah Comics family of comic shops in the Chicago area. Though Baltazar and Franco aren't as active in the books collected within, you can still see their influences on every page. 

In this volume, our heroes take on Evil Cat, a rectangular swine fiend named Parallel-O-Ham (great pun name!), space aliens, ghost bugs and possibly an evil jar of pickles! There's a follow-up to the King of Atlantis story from early on in the series. Plus, expect some surprise crossovers from some beloved Dark Horse Comics characters that are usually seen in comics aimed at adults. It was really fun to see characters such as Savage Dragon in an all-ages setting for once!

And who doesn't love how Zombie Cat is basically designed in the motif of J'onn J'onzz, The Martian Manhunter? His body is the same color green. His outfit is also teal. And the missing eye being marked with a red X just like the harness on J'onn's chest. I got that reference!

This is the third collection of books. I've previously reviewed volume 1 on this blog. Hopefully, I'll be reading and reviewing volume 2 sometime soon. That means that the enjoyment doesn't have to end for me yet. That is unless my library is without volume 2. For some reason, my branch has a bad habit of not purchasing every book in the series. But if they pulled through this time, I'm in for a treat!

A great collection of stories that the kiddies and adults will enjoy. Being an older book, used and new copies can be purchased on Amazon for a fantastic steal. Since they're at a good price, pick up 2 copies. I'm sure the young readers in your life are going to love this book so much, they're going to wear it out with constant re-reads.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment