Friday, June 3, 2022

Avengers Spotlight #27

Hawkeye is treated for an infection after being bitten by a villain in a previous story that occurred before the Acts of Vengeance. After just one dose of antibiotics, the Avenging Archer is ready to take on yet another baddie. Like that! Really?

I tell you what, Clint Barton must be made of tougher stuff than I. If I'm so ill that I need antibiotics, it will be 24-48 hours before you can expect my butt back at work. So forgive me if out of 45 years of being an avid reader of comics, this is the plot point that I am just unable to suspend my disbelief! 

Meanwhile, Stingray, Moondragon, Black Widow and several other Avengers reservists are clearing the rubble of the recently destroyed Avengers headquarters when they are attacked by the Awesome Android.

Howard Mackie joins Dwayne McDuffie on writing duties here. If this was a contest, McDuffie would be the winning section writer by a mile. Mackie's story isn't terrible. I just disagree with how able Hawkeye is to take on a super villain and rescue countless others from a burning building after being diagnosed with a bladder infection. Which, I must ask, just where did Hawkeye get bit on his body to end up with a bladder infection? 

Oh well, they can't all be Dwayne McDuffie, I guess. 

Rating: 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment