Monday, June 27, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #117

I had mentioned somewhat in my review of issue #100 that I didn't think that Nightmare was done with Wolverine. This issue proves me right. Wolverine is being plagued once more by troubling sleep and is seeking Professor X's assistance once again. This time, the leader of the X-Men empowers Wolverine with tools to fight the dream lord. But when Logan enters the realm of Nightmare, he comes face to face with Venom!

And then BAM! To Be Continued...

We'll need to wait until the next issue to find out if Venom is being used as a tool of Nightmare or is the symbiote anti-hero at the mercy of the Doctor Strange villain as well?

Both the Ghost Rider/Iron Fist and the Bill Foster Giant-Man stories reach their penultimate chapters inside the flip cover. For the single issue story entry, readers get a glimpse as the Marvel 2099 universe. This issue claims that this is the first appearance of the character Ravage. However, the Marvel [Datebase] claims that the character's first appearance was in the pages of Ravage 2099 #1

For myself, this kind of oversight isn't an issue. I also own a copy of that issue. Plus neither this issue that I am reviewing nor Ravage 2099 #1 are valued at more than $5 each. Both books have a cover date of December, 1992. So, I guess it's not really a big deal. But should the character appear in a movie or Disney+ series, I'd expect the value of the Ravage premier issue to rise. But I want to put in a case now that this issue should also jump up in price. 

Not that I'm planning on selling this issue. Just putting it out there.

By the way- that Wolverine/Venom cover was killer!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment