Thursday, June 9, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #108

The curtain finals closes on the Wolverine/Nightcrawler tale. Part 1 started off really well. Then things just went in circles. It was like a Scooby-Doo mystery without any clues. This final part was actually exciting. There are humans attacking mutants and mutants attacking humans. The real question is 'Who's the real monster here?' 

Really loved the poignant ending. But why does Nightcrawler have to be the Charlie Brown of the X-Men? I love Nightcrawler. I know I say this kind of thing a lot. But he really is in my 10 top list of favorite comic book characters. Yet nothing seems to go right for Kurt Wagner. And when something good actually happens to the character, it just feels so out of place. 

The Ghost Rider/Werewolf by Night story is awesome. It's so unusual and I love unusual.

Thanos stars in a new multi-parter. It's a tie-in to one of the Infinity Gauntlet sequels. I think. Heck, it might just be an extension of the Infinity Gauntlet itself. I wasn't really sure. Sorry, but I haven't read all those books yet and to be honest, I'm not really big on Jim Starlin.

Only 1 chapter left in the Young Gods story. It too, finally is starting to get really good. And I am not just talking about the artwork from Tom Sutton that I have been a fan of since the beginning.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment