Monday, June 13, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #110

It took 2 chapters. But Logan finally meets Mary Walker. This story really feels like the noir films Body Heat or Double Indemnity. Mary tells Logan that she's got memory gaps but knows that she's been abused. Logan is falling for her and thinks that her past is somehow tied in with the serial killer from chapter 1. 

I haven't been much of a fan of the Wolverine stories as they all feel like really bad action movies. But this one has got a sexual tension and a mystery angle to it that is really making me a fan.

I forgot to mention this last issue, but Marvel has finally decided that it's time to stop having Sam Keith do both of the covers to this flip book anthology. Last issue introduced Marvel Swimsuit Special artist Steve Lightle to the mix. Lightle has been tasked with the Wolverine covers based on his pencils in the Wolverine/Bloody Mary story. Lightle's covers are a breath of fresh air, though I must say that I think Keith's cover is the better offering of this issue. 

Oh, and Nightcrawler returns. He's only been gone 2 issues. But I don't mind his return in this 8-page single issue story. It's a murder mystery based on the legend of Jack the Ripper. I loved the ending. Maybe it's because I figured out who the killer was. Maybe it's because Nightcrawler is one of my favorite superheroes of all-time. Maybe it's both. It's a real good story.

The Werewolf by Night/Ghost Rider story and the Thanos epic are both continuing to impress me as well. Both segments don't really have a lot of action to them. But they are interesting and unique enough to keep my attention.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment