Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Big Bang Theory and Damage Control- which came first?

First of all, I want to give a shout out to a new website I found. It's called Sheldon Shirts. This website has an in depth look the many tees one by Dr. Sheldon Cooper on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory. I love the show. It's a funny but true look at America's geek culture that has tons of cool shirts I wish to one day add to my collection. Not only does Sheldon Shirts show you the shirts, but the provide links in which you can find them for sale. Other geek fashions worn by the gang are also examined on the site along with some of the many cool items featured such as the Periodic Table shower curtain in Leonard and Sheldon's apartment and Star Trek 3-D Chess. Now if they'd only tell me where I could find Donkey Kong Jinga...


When you think of the Big Bang, you can't not help thinking about a gigantic explosion and with explosions comes damage. In order to prevent damage, you set up a series of measures for preventative reasons called Damage Control. Damage Control is a fictional company in the Marvel Universe that repairs damage caused by super heroes and villains duking it out. (Like my segue way?)It's also a trio of 3 mini series from the 00s- make that 4 as their was a smaller miniseries set right after the World War Hulk event that happened in 2007. Each issue featured a super hero or villain guest star and usually involved the Damage Control team trying to find creative measures to repair damage in Manhattan without going over budget or sacrificing the many landmarks of the Big Apple.


Well, starting tomorrow, I will be reviewing the Damage Control books in order as they were published. I just recently finished a marathon reading of them and I liked them all very much. So, stay tuned as I explore a little seen aspect of super hero comics that are vital in order for heroes, villains, and citizens alike to be able to continue on with their merry little lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment