Monday, July 14, 2014

Damage Control (Series 3) #1 of 4


Damage Control (1991) #1

  The crew at Damage Control is suspected of creating disasters for profit after the team is repeatedly called away to accidents minutes before they happen. With the NYPD on their tail, the company is going to have to prove that they are innocent or the whole business may be forced to close, people lose their jobs, and even worse, face criminal charges.

  I like this idea. It’s got an air of mystery to it while still staying true to the Damage Control formula I love. What doesn’t stay true to the DC formula is the art. For some reason, Ernie Colon is not the artist for this issue (and I fear for the rest of the series.)

Taking over the reins from Colon is Kyle Baker. Years after this issue is published, Baker will revitalize the obscure and definitely weird super hero Plastic Man. His cartoonish style works for Plas. It does not work for Damage Control. Besides Peter and Robin, the art is so different from Ernie Colon, that I can’t tell who some of these characters are. I did not enjoy it.

While I like some of Baker’s work, this issue isn’t one I favor. In fact, it’s so bad; this becomes the first Damage Control issue I deem NOT WORTH CONSUMING!

Rating: 4 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment