Saturday, July 12, 2014

Damage Control (Series 2) #3 of 4


Damage Control (1989-1990) #3

The new management of Damage Control has rejected the latest contract of its construction workers and thus the blue collars are on strike. Without anyone to man the bulldozers and hammer the nails, the Big Apple lies in ruins. With most of the Marvel elite superheroes missing or indisposed, there’s very little chance of their help. However, the Avengers have managed to allow the Sensational She-Hulk to help out with some excavation rescues. But when a new pair of robotized super villains arrives on the scene seeking revenge against Damage Control for their past failures, it seems like the Green Goddess isn’t going to get any work done.

The mystery as to who, how, and why the new management of Damage Control is out to ruin the company deepens. Many of your favorite characters are left without jobs. I must say that I found it interesting that the intern at DC has been given a paid assistant executive job while the entire R&D department is laid-off. Would that happen in the real corporate world? DC also gets a new intern, but they’re often unpaid, so I can understand that move.

Speaking of DC, I think the powers that be at Marvel decided to take some pot shots at their rival comic publisher. Many of the strikers brandish signs that say “DC Sucks” or “DC is Lousy.” Sure, Damage Control can be shortened to DC like I’ve done in this review. But, I think the editors and artist Ernie Colon took advantage of that fact and used it to stick it to their opponents.

I’m not sure if I applaud that or think it’s a low blow. I’m still pondering that and that may affect my rating of this issue in the future when I come to a final decision.

Worth Consuming.

Rating (as of 7/12/14): 8 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment