Sunday, November 16, 2014

Legends of the DC Universe #15



It's always a delight when the Barry Allen Flash makes a post-Crisis appearance in the DC Universe. Arguably, Allen's debut in the 1950s signaled the beginning of the Golden Age of Comics while his death ushered in the final days of the Silver Age. No other super hero has had such a direct impact on the comics medium in terms of being the linchpin for change.

 
In this issue, Barry and Iris aren't married yet. So, she doesn't know he's the Fastest Man Alive. The two work together as Flash and reporter to solve a series of mysterious murders in which the laws of physics just don't add up. Adding to the mystery is Allen's supervisor who’s warned the criminologist to cease his own investigations into these murders.

  
The very last page is a shock that has me wondering "What happens next?" It's a great story with very good art. I'm not sure that there's anything I'd change about this book. But, I must give this book a 9. There's just a spark missing from the book. I can't put my finger on it yet. It's near perfect though.

Worth Consuming

rating: 9 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment