Saturday, November 15, 2014

Legends of the DC Universe #14

I've read this story before in another treasury of which I've forgotten. I can remember where I was when I read this yet I cannot remember which book this was in. But that's okay because my memory of how much I loved this story still lingers and it's why I read this one again. If I'm repeating myself from a previous post, please forgive.

The story is set during the Jack Kirby run of Jimmy Olsen. In this story, Olsen uncovers a plot to turn the human race into rampaging monsters. He is assisted by the Guardian and Dubblex to defeat the minions of Darkseid. Meanwhile, the Man of Steel is trying to prove Bruno Mannheim is somehow involved with Intergang. Obviously, the two parties are going to intersect and it's going to out ************** (ah, ah SPOILERS) as being one of Darkseid's underlings!

   The surprise of who really is a bad guy gets me both times I've read this story. I've read my share of Superman stories from his 80 year history in print and I just don't remember this person being bad. So either I've not read that far yet or Mark Evanier decided to do some rebooting. Not sure which.

  Anyways, as I wrap up, I want to applaud the art of Steve Rude. I've seen many an artist attempt to draw in the style of the King but only Rude has ever fooled me into believing that this was some long lost story of Kirby's. Fantastic!

Worth Consuming

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment