Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Superman Family Adventures #7


   Superman Family Adventures (2012-2013) #7



   I went a little bonkers at the library last week. They had several issues of Superman Family Adventures in library binding and I couldn't resist. I love the work of Baltazar and Franco and anytime I can get my hands on some new stuff, I jump.

   As I have mentioned before, these comics are intended for kids. But that's okay because Baltazar and Franco realize this. They also understand that parents will be reading these to their kids and so they include really great Easter eggs that only the adults enjoy.

  For starters, I read issue #7. In this issue, the Toyman sets his sights on the younger members of the Superman Family who've invited their friends Beat Boy and Starfire to the Fortress of Solitude for a Kryptonian Tooth Fairy party. Toyman is up to his usual bag of tricks decking out some sweet Justice League action figures to attack the superheroes. There are some really cool cameos, but I would have to say my favorite was udders down, Batcow!

This is another gem in the DC Kids treasury. Lots of fun for parents and kids to both enjoy. There's also a fun "What's Robot Bug Saying?" deciphering game through the book, plus a glossary, and some review questions that are great exercises for kids who might be interested in creative writing.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment