Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Tick: Big Yule Log Special: 2001 (issue #4)




  I got lucky this Christmas, I had three Tick Christmas specials to read. I unknowingly but luckily saved the best for last. In this issue, the Tick surprises his fellow superheroes and sidekick Arthur with a trip to a snow capped chalet for Christmas vacation. It's revealed that this free trip is a timeshare, but underneath it all, this really is an elaborate plot by the elderly villain, the Terror in retaliation for Tick accidently turning the antagonist's loyal alien sidekick from evil into good.
  It's the craziest issue I've ever read and it was pure fun. The banter was top notch. The art was classic Tick and I don't think I've laughed so hard in a very long time. It was that good! But if anyone's ever read this issue, could you explain to me why the Terror is hanging out with Santa Claus and the Abominable Snowman in a sauna? I can't figure that pairing out. 

   Another plus for this book is the complete listing of Tick comics from issue #1 up through 2001. That's going to be a real life saver in helping me compose a Tick wishlist for the upcoming 2015 convention season.

    The only thing about this book I hated was that it ended. 

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 10 out of 10 stars (though really, this thing goes to 11.)














No comments:

Post a Comment