Sunday, January 25, 2015

52 Aftermath- The Four Horsemen #1


52 Aftermath: The Four Horsemen #1


  During 52, a cadre of super-villains started an island commune with the expressed purpose of ridding the earth of their enemies one and for all. If that meant they became the de facto rulers of earth- so be it. One of their experiments was to create living embodiments of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (or was is Apokolips?) and they did a lot of damage with those.

    Now, the Four Horsemen are free from their new masters and are running rampant throughout the earth. Seeing this as a major setback from their island paradise being recognized as a sovereign state by the UN, the villains must do the one thing they dread most: ask for help from the Justice League.
   
    I read 52 several years ago and I've actually forgotten much of what happened involving this island commune for super villains sub-plot. I seem to remember the Metal Men and Egg Fu having something to do with this. But honestly, that wasn't my favorite story subplot and I glossed over it. Had I not waited so long to read this tie-in miniseries, I might have enjoyed this first issue more. Instead, I had to run back to my collection, pull out some issues of 52 and get a little more reacquainted with that plot.
 
   Even with the tutorial, this didn't help me to enjoy this issue very much. Not looking too good for the rest of this series.

   Rating: 5 out of 10 stars.









No comments:

Post a Comment