Monday, March 6, 2017

Batman: War Drums

    Tensions among the gangs of Gotham City is at an all-time high. From the shadows, Batman seeks to control his city's organized crime by putting another vigilante hero named Orpheus as head of one the crime families. 
    Meanwhile, Tim Drake has retired as Batman's partner as a promise to his father. Thus, the Caped Crusader is in need of a new sidekick. Enter Stephanie Brown, AKA Spoiler to take up the mantle of the Boy Wonder. But can she make the grade, especially with an assassin in town seeking to take down her predecessor. 
    War Drums is the preface to a trilogy of Batman acts called War Games. I've been sitting on this and the trilogy for 2 or 3 years now. I inherited these books from the wife of my best friend Todd. These aren't really volumes I've been looking for or had on my list, but they were his and I thought that these would make a great read. So far, good. 
     I've been hesitant to read this. I guess it's been my way of not letting go of my best friend or not accepting that he's gone- or something. Well, my shelves are overflowing and if I want to add new stuff to my permanent collection, I gotta make room somewhere...
     My only problem now- I'm not sure I wanna give this book up. It's that good.

    
     Worth Consuming!

     Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment